Do you have a new iPhone 5 on your corporate exchange server? Do you have issues with your push emails stopping after a few hours until you reboot your device?
One more question – did you upgrade the device to IOS 6.01 over the air? If you answered yes to all these questions your answer is that the over the air update broke exchange push email.
Here is how to fix it:
- Backup your iPhone using iTunes. Right click on your phone and choose Backup.
- connect iPhone to iTunes and set phone to DFU recovery mode while connected to iTunes (Steps at the Bottom)
- iTunes will download the complete iOS6.01 OS + Firmware approx 1 GB (keep in mind this is NOT a patch upgrade its the entire IOS 6.01)
- Complete the restore process of iOS about 15 – 30 min
- Restore the previous backup made in iTunes
- Updated provider (Optus, Telstra etc) settings may now also be pushed to iPhone or iTunes.
Exchange Push should now be fixed and working.
Exchange PUSH seems to be broken by iOS 6.01 update patch, reinstalling the complete IOS 6.01 + Firmware should fix the broken iOS 6.01 update patch.
DFU Mode Steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and start iTunes.
2. Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Sleep button and slide to power off.
3. Press and hold down the Sleep button and Home button simultaneously.
4. After 10 seconds release the Sleep button but continue to hold the Home button down.
5. iTunes will pop up a window that says it has “detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”