Ok, you’re on a desert island and…well, lets just say that you encounter a computer without IE and firefox. So you can use word, etc… but no way to surf the internet. Before you say it, no, windows explorer isn’t available either.
Here’s the simple trick:
1) Open the calculator (or any microsoft program)
2) Push F1 or the “help topics” button
3) Select the icon on the top, left corner. Its the one that has a magnifying glass on it.
4) Select the “Jump to URL” link
5) Enter the link you want in the field, eg “http://www.cnn.com”
Any other cool ways to surf that you can think of?
Kerry enjoys writing about a variety of topics. Her favorite website is CallCatalog.com which is a reverse phone number directory website that allows you to lookup and report unwanted phone calls. You can also read her blog which discusses phone number privacy issues.