Would you know how to change the default path of the “My Pictures” short cut in XP Pro.
Default points to “My Pictures” in “My Documents”. I would like to change it to point to pictures on an external NAS drive. (Something like Y:\Pictures)
I did try changing the registry settings in Shell folders and then rebooted, but on reboot, it reverts to default and not the changed path.
Hope You Can Help
We sure can, and this one is easy. I don’t know why Microsoft hides this functionality away. Lots of my end users will benefit from this one. It is as simple as this:
- Open My Computer
- Browse to the My Documents Folder
- Highlight the My Picture Directory
- Open a second My Computer window.
- Browse to the directory where you want to put the My Pictures directory into
- Drag the My Pictures directory to then NAS Drive in the other window.
- Windows does the dirty work of updating links and shortcuts
That’s all there is to it! Glad it worked out for you RJ! Did anyone out there already know this?
Check out the comments for helpful insights from AtA Readers!